Wednesday, April 25, 2018

I See Life Through Rose'-Colored Glasses (Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella)

Over the years, I've had the pleasure of meeting Lisa Scottoline a few times, and believe me when I tell you that she is one of the nicest people you will ever come across in your life. She greets her fans not with handshakes but with hugs, and the word that comes most to mind when I think of her is "genuine."

Her daughter, Francesca Serritella, is exactly the same way. Lisa, of course, has written numerous mysteries, but the two of them have also come together to develop a series of essay books, their newest being I See Life Through Rose'-Colored Glasses (that's the wine!). Whether it's Lisa's or Francesca's essay you're reading, I promise that you are in for a treat. From pets to exercise to dating, they write about life in such a way that every woman can relate to. Most essays are hilarious and witty, but every once in awhile they throw one in that's beautifully poignant.

One warning -- I read this book on my Kindle while my husband was asleep next to me. If you value your marriage, you may not want to do that. I laughed out loud too many times to count.

MY RATING - 4