Saturday, January 9, 2010

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Count Your Blessings (Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, etc.)


The "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books have been around for a long time now. I used to read them religiously but stopped for some unexplained reason. When I saw this new edition, "Count Your Blessings", I knew that it was time to pick them up again.

The premise could not be simpler. As with all of the "Chicken Soup" books, these are 2 or 3 page stories to read when you get up in the morning, before bed, while you are waiting to pick up your kids from school, or one of the other millions of obligations you have. These stories simply make you feel good about the American spirit. You will laugh, you will cry, and you will certainly count your blessings.

I found these stories really put things in perspective when I would complain about traffic, that I spilled coffee on my shirt, or that the TV was on the brink. At least I have my family, my friends, a job, and my health. The story of "Nathalie's Lessons" put absolutely everything in my life in a light and made me incredibly thankful. This book is a gift. Read it, and then give it to someone you love.

MY RATING - 5